Thursday, December 5, 2013

Seeking GOD'S Will


 


My Lord and my God, you are Love itself, and the source of all love and goodness.  Out of love you created me to know you, love you and serve you in a unique way, as no one else can.  I believe that you have a plan for my life, that you have a task in your Kingdom reserved just for me.  Your plan and your task are far better than any other I might choose: they will glorify you, fulfill the desires  of my heart, and save those souls who are depending on my generous response.

Lord, grant me the light I need to see the next step in that plan; grant me the generosity I need to set aside my own plans in favor or yours; and grant me the strength I need to put my hands to your plough and never turn back.  You know me better than I know myself, so you know that I am sinful and weak.  All the more reason that I need your grace to uphold the good desires you have planted in my heart, O Lord!

Make my prayer today pleasing to you.  Show me your will for me, O gentle and eternal God, and help me to say with Mary, "I am the servant of the Lord; let it be done to me according to your word," and to say with Jesus "Let not my will be done, but yours."

No comments:

Post a Comment