Friday, December 6, 2013

Entering Into God's Presence


 


My Lord and my God, I firmly believe that you are present here and everywhere, that you are looking upon me and listening to me, and that you see into the very depths of my soul.  You are my Creator, my Redeemer, and my Father.  I believe in your love for me.  You never take your eyes off me.  You have something to say to me today.  Your love for me never grows weary.  You never stop drawing close to me, and drawing me closer to you.

Lord, who am I to place myself in your presence?  I am a poor creature unworthy of appearing before you, and yet amid all my misery I adore you devoutly.  I ask you to forgive my many sins.

Jesus, teach me to pray.  Direct my prayer, so that it may rise to your throne like fragrant incense.  Let all the thoughts of my spirit and my heart's inmost sentiments be directed towards serving and praising God in a perfect way.  I need to hear your Word for me today, and I long to hear it.  You know how much I need you, how much I want to follow you.  Grant me in this prayer the grace of knowing you better, loving you more, and becoming more like you.  Grant me the grace I most need.

My loving Mother Mary, my holy guardian angel, angels and saints in heaven: intercede for me so that this prayer will help me and all the other people connected to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment