Wednesday, December 4, 2013

And all my suffering disappeared...



 
 
 
 
 
 

 

This story took place during Therese's serious illness, in May 1883:

One day I saw Papa come into Marie's room, where I was lying in bed. He had a terribly sad expression on his face and gave her several gold coins. He told her to write a letter to Paris and ask for Mass to be offered to Our Lady of Victories so that she may heal a poor little girl.

One Sunday (during the novena of Masses), Marie went out into the garden, leaving me with Leonie who was reading by the window. After a few minutes, I began to call almost in a whisper: “Mama…Mama.” (…) Finally Marie came back (…) and then, turning to the statue of the Virgin Mary and praying to her with the fervor of a mother who asks for the life of her child, Marie obtained what she hoped for (…):

All of a sudden, Our Lady looked beautiful to me, (…) but what penetrated my soul to its depths was Our Lady’s delightful smile. At that moment all my suffering disappeared, and two big tears welled up in my eyes and ran silently down my cheeks.

A miracle was needed and Our Lady of Victories granted it.
 

 

 

Saint Therese of the Child Jesus
http://www.notredamedesvictoires.com/
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment