Friday, June 28, 2013

Mary and the Incarnation

3. I bless and praise You, Jesus Christ, our Saviour, for the immense humility with which You deigned to choose as Your Mother a poor virgin whom You caused to be married to a poor carpenter, Joseph, a holy and upright man.

4. I bless You for the announcement of Your very fitting Incarnation and for the respectful greeting and deep devotion with which the Angel Gabriel came to meet the Most Blessed Virgin Mary and told her of the Divine mystery of the Son of God, Who was to take flesh in her.

5. I praise You and give You glory for the great faith of the Virgin Mary, her resolute consent, her humble answer, and all her virtues. These were shown when she replied with docile submission to the Archangel who brought the joyous message: "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let what you have said be done to me" (Lk 1:38).
Mary and the Incarnation, The Imitation of Mary Thomas a Kempis

No comments:

Post a Comment