Monday, June 3, 2013

Root Sins and Their Manifestations



Oh blessed Trinity, help me to know my deeds and myself without deception or duplicity.  Save me, dear God, from falsehood and pretension, not only in the eyes of others but also in the depths of my soul.  I am weak and faulty.  Make me grow strong, holy, and honest with pure intention.  I ask with grace to know the clarity of how I have sinned, how I have failed you and others.  Most particularly I beg to know the roots and reasons and sources of my sins to begin to see myself as I really am.  To acknowledge the deep flaws and weakness of character that lie under the surface of my behavior.  What kind of person am I?  Oh God, tell me, tell me unsparingly, I wish to listen to you with all humility.  Help me to be led by you to live a better and more holy life.  Lord, help me also to be completely sorry once again for all the ugly, hateful, and unspeakable past evil of my life.  You and I know what that wretched evil has been.  Make me sorrier for it than I have ever been before.  Come, O Holy Spirit, fill my mind with light and my heart with honesty.  Immaculate mother of Christ and honest St. Joseph, please pray for me and help me.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment