Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Blessed Virgin Mary will take care of them




In June 1912, Charles Peguy's son Pierre fell seriously ill. Peguy made a vow and went on pilgrimage to Chartres.

“My old friend,” he wrote to Lotte, “I felt this could be very serious...I went on pilgrimage to Chartres... walked 144 km in three days... It is possible to see the bell tower of Chartres Cathedral from 17 km away, while still walking on the plain... As soon as I caught sight of it, I was enraptured. I was no longer aware of my fatigue and my sore feet. All my impurities fell off of me at once and I was a new person.

I prayed for about an hour in the Cathedral on Saturday night and I prayed for an hour on Sunday morning before the High Mass... I prayed as I have never prayed before; I was able to pray for my enemies... My child is saved. I offered the three of them (Peguy's wife did not believe in God) to Our Lady. I can't take care of everything... My children are not even baptized. So I leave it all up to the Blessed Virgin Mary—she will take care of them."
 

The Miraculous Medal #65   

No comments:

Post a Comment