Saturday, February 23, 2013

Fill Up My Soul




Fill Up My Soul
The Holy One, our God who dwells in the saints, when finding in you the holy temple, O most holy Mother of God, dwelled in your sanctified, God-bearing womb.

You possess an infinite measure of compassion, having given birth to the infinite ocean of mercy: this is why, O blessed and most holy lady, you dispel my iniquities.

O vine, you produced without being cultivated the grapes of life that cause joy-giving wine to gush forth for the faithful, fills up my soul with the liquor of tears and the sweet wine of penance.

O never-wed virgin, from you are flowing infinite torrents of sweetness and compassion; make me worthy of drawing and partaking from them.

Hail, O universal joy; hail, nobility of our human race. Hail, all-venerable Mary, who has exalted, by your child-bearing without a seed, the fallen nature of all mortals.

O dazzling Mother of God, who shine with the spiritual light of divine motherhood and who enlighten my soul darkened by sin, dispel the fog and darkness that fill it by means of penance, and bring me back to the light.

O holy and chosen soil on which evil feet and doubting thoughts have never treaded, free my spirit from earthly concerns and make me worthy of the land of the meek.



Jean Mauropode
in: G. Gharib e E. Toniolo (ed) Testi mariani del secondo Millennio. 1. Autori orientali,
Città nuova Roma 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment