Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Our Sorrowful Mother


Most blessed and afflicted Virgin Queen of
Martyrs, who didst stand generously beneath
the cross, beholding the agony of thy dying
Son; by the sword of sorrow which then pierced
thy soul by the sufferings of thy sorrowful
life, by the unutterable joy which now more
than repays thee for them; look down with a
mother's pity and tenderness, as I kneel before
thee to compassionate thy sorrows, and to lay
my petition with childlike confidence in thy
wounded heart.  I beg of thee, O my Mother,
to plead continually for me with thy Son, since
He can refuse thee nothing, and through the
merits of His most sacred Passion and Death,
together with thy own sufferings at the foot of
the cross, so to touch His Sacred Heart, that I
may obtain my request.
For to whom shall I fly in my wants and miseries,
if not to thee, O Mother of mercy, who,
having so deeply drunk the chalice of thy Son,
canst most pity us poor exiles, still doomed to
sigh in this vale of tears?  Offer to Jesus but one
drop of His Precious Blood, but one pang of
His adorable Heart; remind Him that thou art
our life, our sweetness, and our hope, and thou
wilt obtain what I ask, through Jesus Christ our
Lord.  Amen
Hail Mary, Virgin Most Sorrowful, Pray for us.
(Seven Times each)

No comments:

Post a Comment