Tuesday, December 25, 2012

To Our Lady of the Rosary

Rosary : Vintage sepia image of a suffering religious woman with a crucifix

O Virgin Mary, grant that the
recitation of your Rosary may be
for me each day, in the midst of
my manifold duties, a bond of unity
in my actions, a tribute of filial
piety, a sweet refreshment, an
encouragement to walk joyfully
along the path of duty.  Grant,
above all, O Virgin Mary, that the
study of your twenty mysteries
may form in my soul, little by little,
a luminous atmosphere, pure,
strengthening, and fragrant,
which may penetrate my
understanding, my will, my heart,
my memory, my imagination,my
whole being.  So shall I acquire
the habit of praying while I work,
without the aid of formal prayers,
by interior acts of admiration and
of supplication, or by aspirations
of love.  I ask this of you, O Queen
of the holy Rosary,
through St. Dominic, your son
of predilection, the renowned
preacher of your mysteries, and
the faithful imitator of your virtues.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment