Sunday, December 16, 2012

Humility and Obedience



Do nothing out of selfishness or out of
vainglory; rather, humbly regard others as
more important  than yourselves, each
looking out not for his own interest, but
everyone for those of others.
For God is the one who, for his good purpose,
works in you both to desire and to work.
Do everything without grumbling or questioning,
that you may be blameless and innocent, children of
God without blemish in the midst of a
crooked and perverse generation, among
whom you shine like lights in the world,
as you hold on to the word of life, so that
my boast for the day of Christ may be that
I did not run in vain or labor in vain.
But, even if I am poured out as a libation
upon the sacrificial service of your
faith, I rejoice and share my joy with all of
you.  In the same way you also should
rejoice and share your joy with me.
Philippians 2:3-4, 13-18

No comments:

Post a Comment