Saturday, November 3, 2012

Grace


Picture of Penseroso by Thomas Cole


Grace is not just a way of saying that a soul is in God's favor; it is real life, with its own proper powers, living in the soul; and he who has it is a new man.
A soul with sanctifying grace in it is indwelt with God.  The God who indwells is the Blessed Trinity.  Father and Son and Holy Spirit make the soul their home, acting upon the soul, energizing within it, while it responds to their life-giving, light-giving, love-giving energy.

Oh my God, You know my weakness and failings, and that without Your help I can accomplish nothing for the good of souls, my own and others’. Grant me, therefore, the help of Your grace. Grant it according to my particular needs this day. Enable me to see the task You will set before me in the daily routine of my life, and help me work hard at my appointed tasks. Teach me to bear patiently all the trials of suffering or failure that may come to me today. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment