Thursday, May 23, 2013

Priestly Advice with Mary


Catholic_priest : Young Priest praying the Rosary Stock Photo


Tomorrow you will go home. I’d like to ask that all of you do one thing and say one prayer.

When you arrive and open the door of your church, stop for a minute. Say to Mary: “O my Mother, enter first. From this day on, I want to pray, preach and hear confessions in this house that is yours and mine: I want to live all my priesthood with you.”

Then when you go to the rectory, after opening the door, stop again for a minute, invite Mary to go before you, and tell her: “O my Mother, enter first. I want to live with you in this home, and while I am near you, I want to observe mortification, patience, purity, and charity.”

Finally, when you open the door of your bedroom, stop one more time, invite your Mother to go in first, and tell her: “And here most of all, O my Mother, always be with me. In this place I want to pray, study, sleep, and die under your gaze and near your heart.”



Cardinal Verdier,
Memoirs of My Pastoral Retreats
In: Maria – études sur la Vierge Marie – Under the direction of Hubert du Manoir, S.J. - Volume III, 1954
.

No comments:

Post a Comment